The aims: 1.to give practice in reading the specific information
2. to revise Past Simple
3. to give practice in asking and answering
The visual aids: slides, the interactive board
The type of the lesson: a new text
Procedure of the lesson:
I.Organization moment: Greeting
II. Listening to the text:
III. Reading the text:
Krakatoa was a small, beautiful island in Indonesia. There was a volcano in this island.
During the night of 26th August 1883 something terrible happened: the volcano erupted. It destroyed most of the island.
The waves in the sea were 15 metres high. They travelled 13,000 kilometres and destroyed houses and villages. About 36,000 people died.
The noise of the eruption was the loudest noise in the history of the world. People heard it 4,800 kilometres away.
Dust from the volcano travelled all around the world. For three years people all over the world saw beautiful bright sunsets. These colouful sunsets happened because of the dust from Krakatoa.
In 1928 a new island appeared. Slowly it started to grow bigger and bigger. By 1973 it was 190 metres above sea level.
Its name is Anak Krakatao –child of Krakatao.
IV.Find out the verbs in Past Simple from the text and give the first form of these verbs:
Answers: Was, happened, erupted, destroyed, were, travelled, died, heard, saw, appeared
V.Find out the verbs in Past Simple:
VI.Finish the sentences:
1. Krakatoa was a small ...
2. There was ...
3. It destroyed most of ...
4. About 36,000 ...
5. The noise of the eruption was ...
6. Dust from the volcano ...
7. These colourful sunsets happened ...
8. In 1928 ...
9. Slowly it started ...
10. Its name is ...
VII.Tick the right form:
1. Krakatoa was a small … river / island.
2. Something happened in … 1889 / 1883.
3. The waves in the sea were …15 /13 metres high.
4. About 36,000 people… lived / died.
5. Noise/ Dust from the volcano travelled all around the world.
6. In … 1928 /1929 a new island appeared.
7. Fast /Slowly it started to grow bigger and bigger.
VIII.Order the words to make sentences:
1. a island Krakatoa , small in beautiful was . Indonesia
2. of . It the most island destroyed
3. waves the 15 were . The high sea metres in
4. people 36,000 . died About
5. people three all beautiful saw . bright the world For over sunsets years
6. appeared a In new . island 1928
IX.Say what these numbers mean:
1883 4,800 36,000 13,000 15 1883 1928 1973
X.Answer the questions:
1.Where was Krakatoa?
2.What was there?
3.When did the volcano erupt?
4.Did it destroy the island?
5.How high were the waves?
6.How many people died?
7.What was the loudest noise in the history of the world?
8.Did people hear it 4,800 kilometres away?
9.What travelled all around the world?
10.When did a new island appear?
XI.Conclusion of the lesson
Урок предназначен по учебнику Макмиллан "Way head"4 для 5го класса. На этом уроке рассказываеться о маленьком острове в Индонезии. И еще на этом уроке повторение прошедщего времени. Этот урок можно провести на интерактивном доске The aims: 1.to give practice in reading the specific information 2. to revise Past Simple 3. to give practice in asking and answering The visual aids: slides, the interactive board The type of the lesson: a new text
Оставьте свой комментарий:
Комментарии:↓ Показать еще коментарии ↓