Цели: Активизировать в речи учащихся использование новой лексики, связанную с подстанциями.
1) читать текст с пониманием основного содержания
2) восринимать текст на слух, добиваясь в случае необходимости понимания с помощью переспроса, уточняющих реплик;
3) повторение лексического материала
Тип урока: Обяснение новой темы
Оборудование: ИКТ, лекция соответствующая содержанию урока
Procedure of the lesson:
Text : Substations
А substation is designed to receive energy from а power system, convert it and distribute it to the feeders. Thus а substation serves as а distribution centre. Substations feed (supply) various consumers provided that their basic load characteristics are similar. Therefore the energy is distributed without transformation of the voltage supplied. Соmmоn substations comprise isolators, switchgear buses, оil circuit breakers, fuses, power and instrument transformers and reactors. Substations are classed into step up and step down ones. The step up substation includes transformers that increase the voltage. Connected to the bus bars of the substation are the power transmission lines of power plants of the system. As to step down substations, they reduce the voltage to 10 or 6 kV. At this voltage the power is supplied to the distribution centers and to the transformer substations of power consumers. А transformer substation serves for transmitting and distributing electric power. It
comprises а storage battery, control devices and auxiliary structures. Transformer substations are classed into indoor and outdoor; both types are used for feeding industrial enterprises. Compared to other types of substations, transformer substations have certain advantages. Тhеу have flexible construction and easy and reliable operation. In case of а fault in the left hand section, the main circuit breaker opens while the normally ореn section circuit breaker closes and puts the voltage of the section to normal. Power from а substation is delivered to distribution centres.
auxiliary- вспомогательный, добавочный
breaker- выключатель, прерыватель
bus bar- собирательная шина
to comprise- включать в себя
to distribute- распределять
as ... to- что касается
as well as- так же, как и
Task 1. Put down the Russian equivalents of these word combinations. Translate them back into English (orally). circuit breaker auxiliary units distribution centre flexible construction reliable operation switch gear bus hydraulic as well as solar sources of energy as to phase-word motors
Task 2. Fill in as well as and translate the sentences:
1. Excessive starting сurrеnt mау result in fluctuations in the voltage ... in other faults of the motor.
2. … А.С. motors they are subdivided into single- and three-phase motors.
Task 3. Complete the sentences using the correct variant:
1. А substation serves
а) to consume energy. b) to distribute energy.
с) to convert energy.
2. А substation feeds consumers
а) with various load characteristics. b) with similar load characteristics.
З. Тhе linеs of power plants are connected
а) to the busbars. b) to the switchgear.
4. А substation comprises
а) the main elements. b) the main and auxiliary elements. 5. Flexible construction is
а) an advantage. b) а disadvantage.
Task 4. Pair work. Put these questions to your groupmate, and ask him/her to answer them. 1. What does а substation serve for?
2. What type of consumers does а substation feed?
З. What parts are the power transmission lines connected to?
4. What components does а substation comprise?
5. What types are substations classed into?
6. What are advantages of а transformer substation?
Task 5. Dialogues:
What do you do?
I’m an apprentice with a local engineering firm. My training lasts for two years. Two days a week I study Engineering at a local college. If I pass all my exams,
I hope the company will take me on as an engineer.
I’m an apprentice….-You can also say: I’m a trainee.
I hope the company will take me on as an engineer.-to take on someone means to employ someone
Tell me about how you work here.
We work in teams. There are about four to six people in each team. I’m training to be a team leader. Each team member is responsible for the quality of the goods we produce. We are multi-skilled so we can rotate jobs. I like that. It stops the work getting boring.
.Each team member is responsible for the quality of the goods we produce- note the use of for after responsible . A verb must be in the –ing form: He’s responsible for ordering spare parts.
We are multi-skilled so we can rotate jobs.- This means you are skilled in many areas. To rotate jobsmeans to take it in turns to do different jobs.
Task 6. Open the brackets:
1. He (know) several foreign languages.
2. I (learn) English at school.
3. Usually the train (leave) at 10 o'clock.
4. Our grandparents (live) now in Moscow.
5. He (visit) them regularly last year.
6. As a rule I (go) to my Academy by bus.
7. She (work) abroad next year.
8. She (not like) poems.
9. Your children usually (ask) many questions.
10. At present he (work) at school.
11. My brother (like) music.
12. What you (do) yesterday?
13. His sister (go) to the seaside next July.
14. Soon we (leave) the school.
15. Who (take) his book yesterday?
Task 7. Put the verb to write in the appropriate form:
1. We often ... letters to our parents.
2. What ... you ... now?
3. Yesterday they ... ... tests from 10 till 12 o'clock.
4. Who ... ... this letter tomorrow?
5. I ... ... some letters last week.
6. What ... you ... tomorrow at 10?
7. When I came in she ... ... a letter.
8. Do you often ... letters to your parents?
9. I ... not ... this article now. I ... ... it in some days.
10. ... he ... his report at the moment?
11. What ... she ... in the evening yesterday?
12. As a rule he ... tests well.
Task 8. Put the verbs in brackets in the right form:
1. Peter and Ann (go) away five minutes ago. 2. I (write) the letter but I (not send) it. 3. He just (go) away. 4. She already (answer) the letter. 5. She (answer) it on Tuesday. 6. I just (tell) you the answer. 7. I (read) that book in my summer holidays. 8. The greengrocer (sell) now all his vegetables. 9. He (sell) all of them half an hour ago. 10. I (not see) him for three years. I (be) glad to see him again some time. 11. What you (do)? I (copy) the text from the text-book now. 12. He (go) to Moscow next week? 13. He (not smoke) for a month. He is trying to give it up. 14. When he (arrive)? — He (arrive) at 2:00. 15. You (switch off) the light before you left the house? 16. I (read) these books when I was at school. I (like) them very much. 17. I can't go out because I (not finish) my work. 18. I already (tell) you the answer yesterday. 19. What you (do) tomorrow in the morning? 20. I (not meet) him last week. 21. I usually (leave) home at seven and (get) here at twelve. 22. Here is your watch. I just (find) it. 23. You (not have) your breakfast yet?
Оставьте свой комментарий: