Описание презентации по отдельным слайдам:
The purposes of the lesson 1. To find out what the term «medicine» means 2. To trace the history of medicine 3. To learn to make up a dialogue on the topic and act it out 4. To consider different opinions about medicine in the future
The meaning of the term Medicine is the science of diagnosing, treating or preventing diseases and damage to the body or mind.
History of Medicine There are 3 main stages in medicine development: Medicine of Ancient Civilizations, Medicine of Middle Ages and Modern Medicine
Ancient Civilizations Main characteristics -magic aromatherapy immunization and acupuncture preventive medicine The ethic principles of a physician were summarized by Hippocrates. They are known as Hippocrates Oath.
The Middle Ages Main characteristics foundation of universities discoveries in chemistry, anatomy, biology, others sciences invention of the stethoscope (by Rene Laennec), vaccination for smallpox, discovery of anesthetics and development of immunology and scientific surgery. -the first hospital that appeared in the 15-th century
The first sisters of mercy
Florence Nightingale's Family
The Lady with the Lamp
Florence Nightingale Medal
Thank you for your attention!
Main advances discovery of blood groups and vitamins, invention of insulin and penicillin, practice of plastic surgery and transplantation. Modern medicine
Dialogues «At the doctor's» Work in pairs. Student A is a patient. Student B is a doctor. Make up dialogues using your active vocabulary on the topic “At the doctor’s”. Role-play the situations.
What will the future of healthcare look like? Work in groups. Read the text «What will the future of healthcare look like?» and answer the questions. Use your cards.
Сrossword 1. They helped wounded soldiers during the wars and they were called «sisters of …» for their dedication to caring for the patients. 2. Eating junk food can seriously damage your … . 3. In the world’s history there were a lot of … such as smallpox, cholera, plague. They spreaded quickly among the people and couldn’t be treated. 4. A place where sick or injured people are given medical treatment. 5. A doctor’s order for a medicine to be prepared for a patient . 6. A person who is getting treatment from a doctor or dentist. 7. This is a doctor, who deals with disease or injury by cutting or repairing the affected parts of the body. 8. You need it when you are ill. It is a kind of medicine. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
План-конспект урока по английскому языку в 11 классе на тему
«Медицина: вчера и сегодня»
(Medicine: in the past and nowadays.)
1) обеспечить усвоение и отработку новой лексики по теме урока и в рамках проекта гимназии « Милосердие. Сестры милосердия».
2) обобщить материал по теме «Медицина», раскрыть значение понятия и его содержание
3) развивать навыки монологической и диалогической речи на основе устного сообщения и диалога по теме
4) расширить страноведческие знания в области истории медицины
телевизор, презентация , дидактический материал на карточках, учебник Биболетовой М.З. «EnjoyEnglish» для 11 класса, рабочая тетрадь к УМК Биболетовой М.З.
1 Тема, цели урока
2. Определение понятия
3. Ступени развития
1) Древние цивилизации
3) Современная медицина
4. Взгляд в будущее на развитие медицины
1. Орг. момент
Good morning, pupils! I’m glad to see all of you at the lesson. I hope you are fine and ready to take an active part in the conversation today. We have an unusual lesson today and now there are many guests in the classroom. I want you to work hard and very actively.
In order to know what we will speak about, look at the screen, please. You’ll watch the video and then answer my question: «What are we going to speak about? ».Call me all key words or main words on the topic.( Приложение 1)
( Просмотр видеофрагмента, в котором ученики другого класса рассказывают о теме урока, не называя ее).
2. Темаурока, цели. How do you think what the topic of our lesson is? Please, try to
guess and explain why you’ve chosen such version.
Yes, you are right, the topic of our lesson is «Medicine: yesterday and today».(Слайд 1)
Dear pupils, how do you understand this term? What is it? Let’s try to give a definition to this word. So, we can say that …(Слайд 2,3)
Medicine is among the most ancient of human occupations. It began as an art and developed into a science over the centuries. There are 3 main stages in medicine development: Medicine of Ancient Civilizations, Medicine of Middle Ages and Modern Medicine.( Слайд 4)(Приложение 2)
1) Early man, like the animals, was subject to illness and death. The medicine-man practiced magic to help people who were ill or had a wound. New civilizations began to study the human body. The early Indians practiced aromatherapy, the Chinese - immunization and acupuncture, the Greeks - preventive medicine. The ethic principles of a physician were summarized by another Greek, Hippocrates. They are known as Hippocrates Oath.(Слайд 5)
2) The next stage of Medicine's development was the Middle Ages. A very important achievement of that time was the hospital. The first ones appeared in the 15-th. Another advance of the Middle Ages was the foundation of universities during 13 – 14-th centuries where students could study medicine. During 18-th century new discoveries were made in chemistry, anatomy, biology, others sciences. The advances of that time were invention of the stethoscope (by Rene Laennec), vaccination for smallpox, discovery of anesthetics and development of immunology and scientific surgery.(Слайд 6)
There were a lot of epidemics at that time. So people needed in someone who would help the sick. There we should say about the nurses. They worked without any payment only because of the kindness of their hearts. They were called sisters of mercy. One of the first sisters of mercy was the English. ( Слайд 7)
But not only in England there were the sisters of mercy. Our country is proud of its outstanding persons. What Russian sisters of mercy do you know? (Dasha Sevastopolskaya)
And also sisters of mercy lived in Vladimir. ( видеофрагментиустноесообщение )
1. When was the first community of sisters of mercy founded in Vladimir?
2. How did sisters help? What did they do?
3. What is the main purpose of the saint Aleksey children’s community?
4. What do you do as a member of our gymnasium children’s community?
3) Medicine in the 20-th century made enormous contribution in the basic medical sciences. These are discovery of blood groups and vitamins, invention of insulin and penicillin, practice of plastic surgery and transplantation. ( Слайд 8)
Nowadays we often go to hospital when we are ill or feel bad. We consult a doctor and he gives us a prescription. ( Слайд 9) ( Диалоги являются проверкой домашнего задания)
How do you think what the future of healthcare will look like. ( Слайд 10)(Приложение 3)
Вывод по теме урока:
To sum it up, we must say that medicine is quite necessary for people nowadays.
We formulated the meaning of the term «medicine», traced its history, learned to make up a dialogue on the topic, learnt new words and phrases, tried to predict the future of medicine and improved our oral speech.
6) Рефлексия (Приложение 4)
7) Домашнее задание
Write down your hometask :
Workbook p. 56 Ex.10 ( Read the e-mail you’ve got from your friend and answer it).
In my opinion it is quite necessary for all people as it helps to save people’s lives.
If you are ill or feel bad, you should consult a specialist.
I think it is very important in our daily life because a lot of people need help and care when they are ill.
I can’t imagine people’s life without it. Of course some centuries ago it was not so developed as nowadays when we can сure many serious diseases or we can stop their spreading over man’s organism.
HippocratesOath клятва Гиппократа
bandage бинт, повязка
Read the text and answer the questions.
What will the future of healthcare look like?
In the future, nanotechnologies could help doctors detect disease earlier and give us new ways to grow and repair body tissue (ткань). But what will this mini medicine be like?
Media images often show super-small submarines shooting through the blood, but this vision of nano-sized healthcare is unlikely to become a reality. Scaled-down metal machines won't work on the nano-scale (наномасштаб). But nanomachines do already exist inside you. They are large molecules that help power your body, and the ribosomes that make the proteins to form your hair and nails. They are present inside the cells (клетки) of your body and they are designed to work at the nano-scale. If we could learn to copy their designs we might be able to build nano-sized robots to help heal (излечивать) our bodies.
Some people think that putting such small particles in our bodies may cause us harm. The tiny size of nanoparticles (наночастицы) means they don't have the same properties as larger particles of the same material. So that is safe in its normal state can be harmful in its nano-form.
1. How can nanotechnologies be helpful in the future?
2. What «nanomachines» exist inside people? How can they help scientists in their researches?
3. What are some of the dangers of this scientific invention (nanoparticles)?
1. Did you like this lesson? Why?____________________________________________________
2. Are you satisfied with your work? _________________________________________________
3. What was difficult? Did you understand the topic of the lesson?_________________________
Thank you for good job!
Оставьте свой комментарий:
Комментарии:↓ Показать еще коментарии ↓